Book to help us plan food
Help us welcome Back Porch Bluegrass and Whangateau Folk Club as they gather to help us celebrate the first ever spectacular summer Auckland Bluegrass picnic. Lots of good things happen when you mix a bunch of like minded musicians together like this. So far as we know, Bill Monroe never visited New Zealand. He had no idea…
What to expect
1:30 pm Back Porch Bluegrass set
2:30 pm Auckland Bluegrass club set
3:30 pm Whangateau Folk Club set
4:30 pm BBQ
5:30 – 6:30 mix and match performance and jam
- BYO, Tea and coffee and nibbles will be offered during the afternoon.
- Bring some sausages or what you fancy for the communal BBQ. Salads, bread and condiments provided.
- Held rain or shine, $10 entry, bring your kids and teens with you for free.
- If you want to sit out in the sun bring a camping chair or picnic rug.
- Help us plan the food by booking here (no log-in, password or money needed), if you request vehicle access you will be emailed a confidential gate code two days prior to the event.
- Single mic style PA will be provided for performers. An upright bass will be there or you can bring your own.
Book here now (no log-in, password or money needed)
$10 entry, bring your kids and teens with you for free
The Bunker, Sunday, 11 March 2018 1 pm
Enquiries to email email@example.com
Once again we get to host the bluegrass concert at the Auckland folk festival.
The 2018 line up is:
- Clench Mountain Revival
- Don Milne
- Bluegrass and Beyond
- Kate Marshall and Bob Cooper-Grundy)
- Pipi Pickers
Sunday 28 January 2018 3:30-5pm
Auckland Folk Festival, Kumeu Showgrounds
Free to festival goers
Come to the first of our 2018 big bluegrassy jams. We’ll be putting together a sort of bluegrassy blackboardy concert for the first half then a sort of low key bluegrassy jam for the second half.
We are doing this because we’ve found that these evenings are a lot of fun, where you are a player or a socialiser.
Auckland Bluegrass club jam
Wednesday, 14 February 2018 8 pm
The Bunker, Mt Victoria, Devonport
Members $5 non-members $8 at the door
Yippee! The Back Porch Bluegrass crowd are coming to town and bringing some Hamilton-style bluegrass. It is going to be an evening of cracker music – so mark 14 December in your calendar right now.
If you haven’t heard – Back Porch Bluegrass is the growing Hamilton club and radio show created by Paul Trenwith to celebrate bluegrass music in the Waikato. They’re driving up from Hamilton so we’d better make sure we put on a good first half show – before we turn them loose for some fun music.
What’s more, it’s Christmas. So tie some tinsel to your banjo, don’t forget your Santa hat and we’ll have a few nibbles half time.
Wednesday 14 December 2016 8pm,
The Bunker Devonport
Entry: members $5, non-members $8.
Don’t forget to bring a friend and in the meantime, keep pickin’