Thanks to the recent loosening of requirements, we are ready to open up Auckland Bluegrass Club beginning with a low-key club night.
This does not mean every song is sung in C. It simply means it’ll be a night of club performers or a jam depending on numbers, and we won’t have microphones so as to avoid sharing harmony breath.
We are cautious, so we will still be a vaccine pass venue. Most importantly, if you have symptoms or have had close contact with someone with symptoms please do the decent thing and stay away.
We can’t wait to hear everybody’s new bluegrass songs and tunes.
By the way, here is what the Covid19 website says about our type of gathering:
- Clubs and Churches are examples of allowed gatherings at red.
- Up to 200 people inside. (There is always a first time!)
- At all gatherings, people do not need to physically distance. This means you can move around, and dance.
- Vaccines passes are not mandatory, but you can use them if you want to (We will).
- You can serve food and drink at your gathering. People should not share drinks, cups, plates, cutlery or other items. Unless your gathering is at a hospitality venue, people do not need to sit down to eat or drink.
- You do not need to wear a face mask at an outdoor gathering, or at an indoor gathering when your gathering is the only one using the defined space, this means that you do not need to wear a face mask at most weddings, funerals or tangihanga, or faith-based gatherings. (So wear a mask to Bluegrass Club if you like but it is not mandatary).
Low-key club night
Auckland Bluegrass Club
Wed 13 April 2022 7:30 pm Admission $10 at the door.
Cityside, 8 Mt Eden Rd, (corner of Burleigh St), Grafton, Auckland 1023
Vaccine pass venue. BYO venue- take your empties and debris. Best parking is Burleigh St, or pay and display at the corner of Mt Eden Road and New North Road. Disabled access available, please advise.