Wednesday 10 June 7:30pm
All those bluegrass songs you learned/half-learned/intended-to-learn (delete one) during lockdown?
It’s time to give them an airing in front of your bluegrass friends at the June Auckland Bluegrass cub night concert, which this month will be at the Greenhouse so we have plenty of room for social distancing.
This is the plan:
- The evening will start at 730pm because we want to allow plenty of time for all those pent-up performances – and a jam at the end.
- Admission will be free to save having to launder the cash.
- It will be strictly acoustic so we don’t breath in microphone goobies.
- Each attendee needs to book to make sure you don’t miss out, and to prevent a contact tracing holdup at the door.
- If you would like to perform, please send us a reply email, so we can organise the evening ahead of time.
This is going to break the big bluegrass log jam, so it will be great to see you there, whether you are a performer or just an acoustic music fan. Thinking ahead, on the first Wednesday in July we will start our jam workshop sessions, where we will workshop some aspect of good jamming skills before launching into a jam. To find out more, make sure you subscribe to our email newsletter.
Auckland Bluegrass Club Concert
The Greenhouse 16 Williams Ave Ponsonby
Doors open 7:15 pm for 7:30 pm start
Admission free. No door sales; you must book ahead.
Parking available in adjacent lot.
Special thanks to Benjamin (tall, mandolin) for arranging use of this venue.